I don’t handle change well! Not like coins and such, but life change. Once I am in the new situation it’s all good, but it is the anticipation of change that stinks! For example, I will be heading home for a bit to work, visit and such, but it’s messing with my head!! The other night I had a dream that I went home to my parents place and my dad had just invested in three new pets. Two lions and a tiger! Logically my first question was, “Dad, isn’t this illegal?” He assured me that indeed it was but that we will just be very careful when we let them out to go poop so that they don’t terrorize the neighborhood! I started to cry because I knew they would eat our little dog Kona! The end! See what I mean! Going home….big change….it is messing with my head and my priorities. Apparently the concern of losing my life to one of them jungle cats was not the prime issue here! Nope…law and Kona, Weird right!? Legalities and tiny dogs are what my sub conscience esteems worthy of first place!
So you will be happy to know we are deep into the depths of hot season! I assume you might be happy about it, because someone should be!! I just wish some how, some way you could fully grasp the sheer magnitude of how hot it is here! How about a brief list of how you know you live in a hot place! Yessssssss! Lists! Who doesn’t love a great list!?
1. Cold showers are officially non existent!
2. When you squeeze a gloop of shampoo into your hand…….it’s hot!
3. The mere glimpse of the only hoodie you own in Cambodia makes you wanna scream, puke or an elaborate combination of the two.
4. The locals complain!
5. I complain! ( oh come on! Stop the eye rolls)
6. You continually rip pages from important books because your wrist was too hot! Your WRIST!!
7. When you ride on a moto you realize that’s how life would be like if you were a tiny bug that lived in a blow dryer. A low budget blow dryer that doesn’t come equipped with the cool button or comfortable seats!
8. Air conditioners aren’t an option, they are part of you, somewhat like a close friend or grandparent!
9. You send strongly worded letters laced with poison to the weather channel people!
10. You have arguments with your iPad weather app about how irritating it is when they give you the temperature and then next to it says “FEELS LIKE” and then throws an extra 10’C on top of the first number! “FEELS LIKE” !!?? You wanna talk about FEELINGS in your weather report?! I mean, I am very familiar with the “wind chill” factor in Canada, but I don’t know if I like the emotion attached to all this “feels like” mumbo jumbo!
A couple weeks ago I had the best surprise ever!
I was preparing to go meet up with friends for lunch when there was a knock at the door! How bizzare is this but I honest to goodness recognized the knock and KNEW it was my older brothers knock, who I should remind you lives in Canada, not Asia! I opened and door and low and behold it was my brother and his wife!! I immediately shook my hand at his face and accusingly said ” that was your knock wasn’t it!!!” Because that’s how normal people react! Then I burst into tears and hugged the life out of them both! Was so awesome! We had an amazing visit, loved every second! Apparently it was very last minute and killing all my family to not say anything. I had no idea! It was great too because they brought us a big box of stuff! Abby and I are so greatful! And I am not allowed to complain about the over-sized polyester high cut thong that was sent over! Nope, not complaining! Just so happen to be mentioning and reminding all readers to not get my younger sister to buy under garments for you. She seems to have quite the imagination!
It isn’t easy living with my imagination by the way. Not that I am saying all puffed up with pride, ” look at me and my awesome imagination! I am the best person ever…..in your face!! KAPOW!” *Throws a vase on the ground* Yikes! That escalated quickly didn’t it! Anyways, all I am saying is that I have an “odd” imagination……not a great one! So when the occasional comment comes my way like, “Hey, you are so black and ugly from the sun! You need to wear these gloves!” I find it hard to not imagine a slicing insult back! Something like, ” Well, those dirty nude color gloves look gross and ugly! So no!” Now that I think about it, maybe it’s not an odd imagination at all. Might be a case of inner rage! In which case, good thing I am heading home soon! Someone will have to care for those giant fearsome cats anyways, might as well be me! Me and my inner rage power that I will channel towards taming lions and tigers!
PS: Guess what readers?? We’ve officially made it to 40 posts now!!